Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well it's election time again, but this one is so important! Every elections I work for as a troubleshooter. What dose that mean you ask? Well I start on Saturday Morning when I go downtown to a meeting and to pick up all my equipment, then Saturday afternoon I deliver to all my inspectors. What is a inspector? Well an inspector is the lead person at each polling place they make sure all the board worker know what they are doing and if anyone many need help. I was over 7 polling places this election and had 7 inspectors to deliver to. Then on Monday I have to go to all 7 of the polling locations for there set up meeting to make sure all there equipment is working and they have all the supplies they need.

Election morning I was up and on the road at 3:30am due to an inspector that waited to do there set up meeting that morning GRR.. After that I have to drive around and make sure all my polling locations are open by 6am. Then through out the day I run around fixing problems and meeting new fun people. Then 7pm comes and its time to close down, I then make my rounds again and make sure everyone is closed then I can finally go home. I have been very lucky, I haven't had any major issues on election day so far. This elections was my 6th one I think it's so awesome I can be a part of all this. Before I started working the elections I had no desire to even vote, well this has made me see a whole new light and I want to make sure my vote counts. I worked 17.5 hours on election day, but it is so worth it I really do love working them.. I can't wait until the next one!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think I need to go take a nap after just hearing you do that all that!!!

My music